There are 3 main options:
What navigation software can be used on my iPhone in Thailand?
This model is available in Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines and Taiwan. It seems to be the same model as Garmin Dash Cam 35 – USD 199.99 (at first glance I can’t find any differences).
In other countries i On Garmin International website, you will find this model here (redirect to garmin.com)
Reliable, HD Driving Recorder with GPS and Helpful Driver Warnings
- High-definition GPS standalone driving recorder with easy-to-see 3.0-inch LCD display
- Helpful driver awareness alerts include forward collision warning and red light and speed camera warning
- GPS-enabled; footage records location, direction, speed, date and time to show exactly where and when accidents and incidents occur
- Incident Detection (G-Sensor) automatically saves footage of collisions and incidents
- Excellent field of view with high video quality, even in low-light conditions
Dimensions (WxHxD): 9.43 cm x 4.85 cm x 3.89 cm
Weight: 112.7 g
Screen: 3.0″ TFT LCD
Frame rate: 30 FPS
Incident detection (G-Sensor): yes
Battery life: up to 30 minutes
The GPS Garmin map for Thailand has been updated to version 2012.30. Formal name: Thailand Street Map version 2012.30 (TSM v.2012.30).
GARMIN RELEASED iPHONE NAV APPLICATION WITH THAI MAP
The application supports menu in English, Thai, Chinese and Malay. It consists of preloaded NAVTEQ map covering Thailand (only; some other available from iTunes). It supports dual languages on map: English and Thai, and also:
Compatible with iPhone 3GS,4 and 4S. Also: iPod touch (3rd and 4th Generation) and iPad. Size: 488 MB. Price: USD 19.99 (promo until 8 July, 2012)
Related links: iTunes Garmin Thailand app
The app makes good impression at first. But truly I don’t think it will replace my nuvi while navigating in Bangkok where decision must be made quickly. iPhone tends to delay display of current position. Easy to notice after a turn (still showing previous driving direction).
Still it’s nice to have it just in case ;). iPhone car charger highly recommended – the GPS drain the battery really quickly.